Coronavirus (COVID-19) Customer Notice
Cleaning and Hygiene
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness across all our Stays York properties. We are working closely with our cleaners to ensure that additional
- Extra deep cleans taking place as part of our everyday housekeeping using anti-viral cleaning agents.
- Extra cleaning of high-contact/touch surfaces such as light switches, door handles, toilet flushes, TV remotes etc.
- Laundry being washed using a process which ensures that all clean laundry is bacteria free at every wash. This is the chosen method of laundry cleaning for the NHS.
- Our cleaners are ensuring that they use gloves and their own equipment is being regularly cleaned and sanitised.
Bookings and Reservations
Bookings made with online channels i.e. AirBnB, Booking.com, HomeAway etc
Bookings direct with Stays York
Any booking made directly with Stays York prior to 17 March 2020 is still subject to our usual terms and conditions, whereby:
- Bookings cancelled 14 days before arrival date will be refunded minus the 20% deposit.
- Bookings cancelled within 14 days of the arrival date will not be refunded, (except if they are subsequently rebooked see below).
- During this time, we are offering guests with existing bookings, the flexibility to move the date of their booking to any point over the next 12 months. Additional costs may be incurred if there is a price difference involved and any date change is subject to availability.
New reservations with an arrival date between 17th March and 30th April 2020
We are waiving our booking fees on any new bookings taken until the end of April 2020.
These will still fall under our usual terms and conditions policy whereby a booking can be cancelled for a refund minus the 20% deposit up to 14 days before the arrival date. Any bookings cancelled within 14 days of the start date will only be refunded for any nights that are subsequently rebooked.